Monday, July 21, 2008

Dan Rountree

This is a happy day for me. Dan Rountree has agreed to allow Tommy Limbaugh and my company, 4U Management, to represent his business career. This is a completely new arena for me. My world has always been the world of sports. Dan and I became friends when I was Associate Athletic Director at the University of Alabama in 1987-88-89. We had known each other prior to that time.

Dan walked into my office in the Athletic Department in October 1988 and gave me a print of a water color he had painted, "Coming Home". It was a gift I cherish to this day. Alabama played all home football games in Birmingham in 1987 while we were expanding Bryant-Denny Stadium by upper-decking the west side of the stadium. The painting captured all of the color and pageantry of the opening game of the 1988 season in newly renovated Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Dan told me last week that head football coach Nick Saban had commissioned him to reintroduced the 1988 original water color "Coming Home". The painting now serves as a fund raiser for Coach Saban's personal charity, "Nick's Kids".

I hope this new relationship will be a good one for this good man, Dan Rountree. He has shown his art in New York City at the Jacob Javits Center to the Blu Gallery in San Jose, California as well as the Gallery on Fifth in Naples, Florida and the Crimson Gallery in Sedona, Arizona. He is a great artist!

No comments: